How Can We Help?
For the health and safety of our customers and employees, we are continuing with safety measures in our stores. Details
Sizing & Fit
- What size boots should I order?
- Tecovas boots are designed to fit true to standard U.S. shoe sizes. The best sizing advice is to simply order what you’d normally order! When in doubt, order your size in dress shoes (men) or heels (women).
If you’re between two sizes, we generally recommend our boots fit snugly (yet comfortably) at first, since the leather will give and form to your foot with wear.
Need more advice? Check out our Fit Guide here or shoot us an email any time at email@example.com!
- Do you have a size conversion chart?
- Brannock Devices are used to measure standard U.S. shoe sizes (like our sizing), so you can use this size conversion chart if you don’t know your U.S. shoe size!
- I'm between two half sizes. What should I order?
- Since boots are meant to fit snugly - yet comfortably - from the first wear, we generally recommend ordering the lower of two half sizes if you're between sizes - unless you know that you have a wider-than-average foot, in which case we recommend going with the higher of the two half sizes. If you have a high instep, you can also opt for a higher size - or go with one of our Zip Boot options, The Dean or The Roy (which are designed to make getting boots on and off easier).
- How do Tecovas boots fit compared to other brands?
- Our team has had varied experiences with other boot and shoe brands, but the safest route to go for sizing is the size you order most often with other brands.
- How can I tell if the boots fit properly?
- Boots should fit snugly yet comfortably once you put them on for the first time (which can take a bit of effort; we recommend looking for a nice ‘plop’ effect when you slip your foot in). If they’re uncomfortably tight, you may want to size up, but if they’re just a bit snug, they should stretch with wear!
It is normal for there to be a slight lift in your heel when you walk in the boots for the first time, but excessive heel slippage (i.e., your heel lifts out of the heel cup) is likely a sign that you should size down.
- I have a high instep. Will Tecovas work for me?
- While most of our boots are not specifically designed for higher insteps, we recommend sizing up a width (for men) or up a half size (for women) if you know you have a higher-than-average instep. We also introduced Zip Boots for men (The Dean and The Roy) - each featuring a zipper that makes it a more accessible boot for folks with higher insteps!
- I have wide feet.
- We make two widths for men’s boots: D (average width) and EE (wide width). For women’s boots, we recommend sizing up a half size if you have wider feet (all of our women’s boots are B width).
- I have narrow feet.
- We don’t currently make widths narrower than D for men or B for women, but we have many customers with narrow feet who are quite happy with the fit of their Tecovas! Generally, we recommend ordering down a half size for each letter width difference (e.g., if you are a men’s 10C, try a 9.5D in Tecovas).
- I have bunions.
- All of the leathers we use are very supple, comfortable, and will stretch with wear. We have many happy customers who suffer from bunions!
- Do Tecovas have good arch support?
- Tecovas boots are not specifically designed for flat feet or high arches, but they offer great arch support in general as a result of the construction - which includes a shank and lemonwood pegging in the arch area of the foot. We also introduced Zip Boots for men (The Dean and The Roy) - each featuring a zipper that makes it a more accessible boot for folks with higher insteps!
- Can Tecovas be worn with an orthotic or special insert?
- Our insoles are not designed to be removed (they are attached to the midsole), but many customers use inserts successfully with our boots. We would suggest sizing up a half size to accommodate the extra room! If you have a thicker orthotic insert, it is possible to tear out our insole to accommodate, but we ask that you wait to do this until you are certain you’re not returning the boots.
- Do you offer mismatched sizes?
- We do not offer mismatched sizing for our boots (we only sell them in matching pairs). However, if you have two differently sized feet, we recommend sizing to the larger size and using an insert to accommodate the smaller foot!
- What size should I order in your jeans?
- Tecovas jeans run true to industry standards, so best sizing advice is to simply order what you’d normally order! When in doubt, order the most common size in your closet.
We currently carry men’s sizes 30-36, 38, 40 and 42 (available in inseams 30, 32 and 34)! Additionally, we offer two different types of fit: Slim and Standard. If you’re looking for something a little more fitted and forming, we’d recommend trying out our Slim Jean to start. If you prefer a more relaxed, straight-legged fit, our Standard Jean will be what you’re looking for. If you would like to compare our fits you can check out our Compare Guide here.
Need more advice? Shoot us an email any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 833-832-6827!
- Where are Tecovas boots made?
- We proudly partner with one of the oldest and most respected bootmakers in the world in León, Mexico to handcraft all of our boots. León is a city steeped in shoemaking history and is the same city in which the majority of western boot brands entrust the production of their best footwear. In fact, our boots are handcrafted alongside some of the very same brands that retail their boots for 2-3X the price.
Our ethical factory is comprised of well-paid artisans, many of whom have been making boots by hand for decades. Read more about our handmade bootmaking process here!
- Are the boots high quality? What makes Tecovas special?
- It is our goal to make and sell the highest quality western boots and accessories on the market. We use traditional, handcrafted bootmaking techniques and the highest quality leathers and materials. Our boots stand toe to toe with the most expensive brands out there, but they’re generally much more affordable because of our unique direct-to-consumer business model (no retail margin built into the price!).
- How are Tecovas boots constructed?
- Our boots are constructed using traditional western methods, including ¾ Goodyear welt construction, hand-hammered lemonwood pegs, hand-laid decorative cording, and hand-stitched quarters.
Our sole is comprised of a 100% leather outsole, a corkbed filling that molds to your feet over time, a traditional leather midsole, an EVA strip for comfort, and bovine glove leather lining to top it off.
The entire interior of the boot is lined in supple bovine leather lining, and we construct our shaft ‘inside out’ to hide the seams – so there is no uncomfortable seams inside any of our boots!
Read more about our 200+ step handcrafted bootmaking process here!
- Can I order custom boots?
- We do not offer any custom boots; nor do we make boots to order. Our boots are handmade in over 200 steps, but we only construct the sizes and styles as they are featured on our online and retail stores. Any boots purchased from us have already been made and are available immediately (with the exception of any pre-order items)!
- What toe and heel options do you offer?
- For our men’s line, we currently offer five different profile options:
- • Roper - 10" shaft, round toe, and 1 1/8" roper heel (no pitch)
- • Cowboy - 12" shaft, round toe, and 1 1/2" angled cowboy heel
- • Zip Boot - 8" zippered shaft, round toe, and 1 1/4" angled Hybrid heel
- • Square Toe - 12" shaft, square toe, and 1 1/4" angled Hybrid heel
- • Chelsea - 6" shaft, round toe, and 1 1/4" angled Hybrid heel
- What are the outsole options?
- All of our boots (men’s and women’s) feature the same sole: 100% leather outsole constructed with ¾ Goodyear welt and lemonwood pegs. A rubber heel caps the stacked leather heel for grip.
We do not offer any customization or other outsole options, but many customers have had success adding a rubber outsole to their boots (at a cobbler) after purchase!
Looking for a professional restoration? We now also offers a full resoling and restoration program for customers. Check it out!
- Are Tecovas insoles removable?
- Our insoles are not designed to be removed. They feature an EVA strip and glove leather lining attached to the leather midsole.
That said, it is possible to tear the insoles out (if necessary) if you want to add room for a custom orthotic or insert. Please do not do so unless you are keeping the boots!
- Will you be making other sizes, widths, or styles?
- We are considering offering more sizes and styles in the future. The easiest way to find out about new size and style availability is to sign up for our newsletter here!
- Can I make a product suggestion?
- We are always open to hearing product suggestions! Feel free to email us at email@example.com any time.
- The item I want is out of stock. Will you be making more?
- If we’re currently out of stock in any sizes or styles featured on the website, then we likely have plans to restock. Please make sure to sign up for the availability notification on the product page (click NOTIFY ME OF RESTOCK and sign up) to receive an email as soon as that style and size is back in stock!
We do occasionally release limited edition products that, once they sell out, won't be restocked. If you do not see an option to sign up for an availability notification, that means we will not be making more of the product in question. Be sure to sign up for our email newsletter to stay up to date on limited edition releases!
- Where can I see reviews of Tecovas?
- You can check out all of our reviews right here! We love hearing what people have to say, and do our best to publish all feedback and respond directly to those with questions or concerns.
- Do you offer gift cards?
- We do offer digital gift cards, which can be purchased right here. They are emailed to the email address used in the order and can be forwarded or printed to the recipient. Email us any time (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance with a gift order!
- How do I order Tecovas?
- We sell our boots on our online store, or at our retail locations.
To order boots online, simply select the product, color, size, and width you need and click ADD TO CART to start the checkout process. You can also place an order over the phone at 833-TECOVAS (833-832-6827). Once ordered, we ship the boots directly to you!
If we’re currently out of stock in the item(s) you need, simply sign up to receive an email notification as soon as that item is in stock by clicking NOTIFY ME OF RESTOCK and entering your email address.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express), PayPal, and Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX gift cards through our secure checkout system.
If you’re paying with PayPal Express Checkout, please keep in mind that your order will automatically ship to the address that’s associated with your PayPal account.
- Is my order secure?
- Yes! Our website employs industry-standard security measures to ensure your privacy and the security of your information. Any information that you provide is temporarily transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted using industry-standard safeguards.
- Can I place an order for an item that is out of stock?
- No, it is not possible to place an order for an out-of-stock item, but it is easy to sign up for an availability notification if the item you’re looking for is out of stock. Simply click NOTIFY ME OF RESTOCK, enter your email address, and you’ll receive an email as soon as it’s available for purchase!
- I need to change my order. Help!
- Please email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 833-832-6827 if you need to cancel or change anything about an order you have already placed (e.g., change the item or shipping address). We ship orders pretty quickly, so the sooner you let us know the better!
- How long will it take to receive my order?
- If you placed an order, the item is already available for shipment from our warehouse. The vast majority of orders placed before 12pm CST are shipped out within 1 business day!
Our free shipping is either FedEx Ground or USPS First Class and ships from Austin, Texas, which means it reaches most of the country in 3-5 business days. If you need the item(s) sooner, you can upgrade to Next Business Day or 2nd Business Day at checkout!
- What is the status of my order?
- You should receive emails that update you with the status of your order (e.g., when the items ship, tracking numbers, etc.), or you can always click the order number in your order confirmation email to see your order's current status. Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I need to create an account to order?
- You do not need an account to order from Tecovas. A Tecovas account is only used to track past orders. If you have already placed an order and would like to set up an account, you can do so here. If you need our help – just email us at email@example.com.
If you'd like to sign up to receive our newsletter (which is different from creating an Account), you can sign up here!
- Are there any stores that sell Tecovas?
- Tecovas products are exclusively sold directly by us from our online store or new retail locations! We are the first direct-to-consumer western brand, which means we do not sell our boots to any retailers. As a result, our top-quality products sell for a fraction of what they would typically cost at a traditional retail store!
- Where are your retail stores?
- You can see all of our locations here! We're planning to open more stores soon, so be sure to stay tuned and join our Tecovas Insider list for all the latest updates.
- Can I pick up my order in person?
- We do not offer in-person pickup for any online Tecovas orders. We use a third-party fulfillment center in Dallas, Texas to warehouse and ship all of our products, and they’re very good at shipping out orders efficiently and accurately! You can also purchase at our new retail locations - we recommend calling ahead if you know what you want to ensure it's in stock!
- Can I place an order over the phone?
- Of course! You can give us a call during business hours (8am-8pm CT Monday-Friday, and 9am-8pm on Saturday and Sunday) at 833-TECOVAS (833-832-6827) if you'd like us to help you with an order.
- Is shipping free?
- We offer free shipping on all orders! Our free shipping service is either FedEx Ground or USPS First Class and ships from Dallas, Texas.
We also offer expedited shipping services via FedEx (Next Business Day and 2nd Business Day) at checkout.
- How long does shipping take?
- Our boots typically ship from our Dallas warehouse 1-2 business days after the order is placed. You can see expected arrival times when you choose a shipping method while checking out. Here's general guidelines for what you can expect for arrival based on the shipping option you selected:
Our free shipping ships via FedEx Ground or USPS First Class and typically takes 2-6 business days to reach its destination. Please note that business days are Monday-Friday.
2 BUSINESS DAY SHIPPING
If you ordered before 1pm CST on a Monday-Friday, these will arrive in 2 business days by end-of-day (if you ordered after 1pm, add 1 business day). Please note that business days are Monday-Friday, excluding federal holidays.
NEXT BUSINESS DAY SHIPPING
If you ordered before 1pm CST on a Monday-Friday, these will arrive the next business day by the end of the day (if you ordered after 1pm, add 1 business day). Please note that business days are Monday-Friday, excluding federal holidays.
Your tracking number will include an estimated delivery date once it’s updated for the very first time. Please keep in mind that this is only an estimate and could change while your order is in transit.
- Where does Tecovas ship?
- We currently only ship to the lower 48 U.S. states and the District of Columbia (we do not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or internationally).
- Will you ever ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or internationally?
- We do intend to ship to Alaska, Hawaii, and internationally eventually, but we do not have concrete plans set yet. Join our email list to stay updated on our shipping policies!
- Can I expedite my order?
- You can expedite your orders during checkout! We offer FedEx 2nd Business Day and Next Business Day shipping in addition to our free Ground shipping option.
- Which carrier do you use to ship orders?
- We primarily use FedEx or USPS First Class to ship out our Ground orders and only FedEx for our Priority orders. Need assistance with a different carrier? Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do with our shipping team.
- Why can't you ship python products to me in California?
- Per California penal code section 653o, "it is unlawful to import into [California] for commercial purposes, to possess with intent to sell, or to sell within the state, ...any part or product" of a number of animals, including python. As a result, we are unable to ship any of our python boots or accessories to addresses within the state. We apologize for any inconvenience!
Pricing & Promotions
- Do you ever offer promotions or discounts?
- We proudly sell our products for affordable prices every day and do not discount or have sales. We offer unbeatable value for the quality of products we make instead of relying on promotions, discounts, or sales! Given our direct-to-consumer business model, we strongly feel that we offer the best value for money available on the market.
The one exception we make to this rule is a 10% discount that we are proud to extend to Active Duty Military, Military Retirees, and Veterans. You can learn more about that here.
- Why are Tecovas products so affordable?
- We have committed to sell our products exclusively directly to our customers instead of relying on retailers or distributors to sell our product at a markup. Essentially, we sell our products for ‘wholesale’ prices directly to you, which means you get top-quality products for middle-market prices. Read more about our business model here!
- How do Tecovas products compare to other brands?
- We handcraft our products using top-quality materials and construction methods, which means they stand toe to toe with the best and most expensive brands out there. In general, you can expect Tecovas products to be the same quality of brands 2 to 3 times the retail price – and about the same price as brands that cost half as much to make.
- What is Installments by Afterpay?
- Installments by Afterpay is a service that allows you to make purchases now and pay for them in four payments made every 2 weeks without any interest.
- How do I use Installments by Afterpay?
- Simply shop online and add items to your shopping bag and checkout as normal. At the checkout choose Installments by Afterpay as your payment method. First-time customers will need to register with Afterpay and provide payment details, and returning customers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
- How does the payment schedule work?
- All customers are required to make their first payment at the time of purchase, with the remaining three payments deducted every two weeks from your chosen payment method. If you choose to make additional payments before your scheduled pay dates, you may do so through your Afterpay account. You can log in to your Afterpay account to view your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date if you choose to do so.
- Is there a limit to how much I can spend on a single transaction?
- Yes, a transaction value limit of $2,000 applies to purchases made with Tecovas using Installments by Afterpay.
- What products are not eligible for purchase using Installments by Afterpay?
- Afterpay is not available on purchases of gift cards. If you are purchasing gift cards along with Afterpay eligible products, you will need to place two separate orders. In addition, Afterpay cannot be used for orders under $30.
- How do I return or exchange an item purchased using Installments by Afterpay?
- If you have changed your mind, you can return your Afterpay purchase in-store or by mail for a refund. Please check that your return or exchange meets our Return policy here. Afterpay will be notified of your return and will process the appropriate refunds. Please do not return your purchase to Afterpay. If you believe there is fault or concern with your Afterpay purchase payment, please contact Afterpay customer support at email@example.com.
- What if I can’t pay an Afterpay installment?
- If funds are not available or you otherwise do not make your payment when it is due, late fees may apply. Click here for complete terms.
- Where can I find our more about Afterpay?
Returns & Exchanges
- Do you offer free returns & exchanges?
- Yes! Returns & exchanges for unworn items are always free at Tecovas. We even include a free peel-off shipping label and instructions right in the box!
- What is your return policy?
- Returns and exchanges are 100% free for items in unworn or unused condition (i.e., original tags, unworn & unwashed, no scuffs on the soles of boots) within 30 days of receipt. If you're buying boots, we encourage you to try them on carpet to avoid scratching the outsoles!
- How do I return or exchange my order?
- To start a return or exchange, simply head to returns.tecovas.com (the quickest method!) or fill out the return form included in the box indicating what you'd prefer. With either method, you can use the pre-paid shipping label included with your order to mail your package back to us! We'll send you a notification as soon as your refund has been processed, or your requested exchange is on its way. Please allow 1-2 business days for online returns to be processed and/or shipped and 10-14 days for returns using the in-box form.
Looking to return in person? Bring your package to a Happy Returns location near you for an instant refund! Please note, exchanges are not accepted at Happy Returns locations at this time.
For any questions, feel free to shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I get a return label?
- All Tecovas orders are shipped with an envelope containing a free pre-paid shipping label and instructions right in the box! If you misplaced or cannot find yours, you can always print off a new one after processing your return at returns.tecovas.com.
Need a label emailed to you directly? Just shoot us a note at email@example.com!
- What does Tecovas mean?
- We are named after the Tecovas Formation in west Texas, a beautiful geographical feature in the Palo Duro Canyon (the second largest canyon in the U.S.). We strive to make products as beautiful and timeless as the natural beauty of our home state.
- Where are y’all based?
- We are proudly based in Austin, Texas!
- How do I contact the company?
- You can reach our Customer Experience team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone from 8am-8pm CT Monday-Friday and 10am-7pm CT Saturday-Sunday at 833-TECOVAS (833-832-6827)!
- Are y’all hiring?
- We’re always hiring for our small but growing team. Check out this page for our open positions and apply directly there! If it makes sense for us to have a chat, we’ll reach out after you apply.
- Is it true that Tecovas has an official company dinosaur?
- Yes! The Tecovasaurus lived during the Late Triassic period and was a member of the Archosauriformes clade (distantly related to modern-day reptiles such as alligators and lizards). While it is impossible to know if the Tecovasauras would have been a fan of cowboy boots, the dinosaur still holds a special place in our hearts as its only known remains were discovered in the Tecovas Formation in west Texas - after which we are also named.
- Why is Tecovas opening stores? I thought you were an online brand.
- While online has always been our primary focus, we are first and foremost a direct-to-consumer business - and that hasn't changed (no middlemen here)! We'll sell the same great western boots, apparel, and accessories in store as we do online - at the same price. We're opening our own stores because they will allow us to continue to expand the customer experience without sacrificing our core business model - and so we can meet y'all in person!
- Where does Tecovas have stores?
- You can see all of our locations here! We're planning to open more stores soon, so be sure to stay tuned and join our Tecovas Insider list for all the latest updates.
- Do you carry all of your products in-store?
- We aim to keep most of our product line in store, but if you have your eye on something in particular, you can always call ahead and confirm we have it in stock!
- Can I purchase something online and pick it up in store?
- No, we do not currently support picking up online purchases in store. You can always call ahead to see if the store has the item you want in stock!
In response to COVID, we're also trying out curbside pickup for call-in orders at our stores. Visit your area store page for more details!
- Can I bring items I bought online to the store for returns or exchanges?
- Yes! If you'd rather return or exchange your online purchase in person instead of using the online process, our team will make sure that your needs are met in the store. See our full returns and exchanges policy here.
- Can I return or exchanges items I bought in-store using the online returns process?
- No. Currently, all items purchased in the store must be brought back to the store for returns and exchanges. However, feel free to call (833-832-6827) or email our Customer Experience at email@example.com team any time if you need assistance with a return or an exchange!
- How can I sign up to receive a catalog?
- You can download a digital copy of our catalog, or request to have a catalog mailed to you, by visiting our catalog page.
- I don't want to receive the catalog anymore. How can I unsubscribe?
- You can request to stop receiving the catalog by visiting our catalog page and filling out the second form there.